The lovely Trudy Callan from Sewing with Trudy has very kindly nominated me for the Kreativ Blogger Award, so I am now entitled to display this delightful logo on my blog.
The rules for accepting this award call for me to tell you seven things that you don’t know about me, after which I may nominate seven other blogs to receive this award.
So, seven things about me
1. I left school at sixteen but last year I completed a five year, part time degree course, studying Humanities at The Open University. I received my BA at a graduation ceremony last May.
2. Until I began studying for my degree I worked as a television production executive.
3. Both my husband and I are British but we got married in New York City because we love it there so much.
4. I like to cook and over the years I have amassed a large collection of cookery books – Mr Fabulous tells me that I have over 120 but he doesn’t complain too much because, fortunately, he likes to eat.
5. When I was a young girl my mother made me a salmon pink trouser suit – I still remember how much I loved that suit and I think that’s where my love of sewing all began.
6. I have, however, never made myself a salmon pink trouser suit and I think that it is pretty unlikely that I will do so!
7. One day I would like to be skilful enough to make a truly show-stopping dress, perfectly fitted and flawlessly constructed in a stunning design that looks like something from a high end designer boutique.
I love being part of the worldwide sewing community and I like to read as many as I can of the sewing blogs out there. Most of my favourites are well established and, deservedly, extremely popular and have already received this award and/or many others. I would therefore like to pass on this award to three blogger buddies who, like me, are relative beginners in the blogging world. My nominations go to
A Sewn Wardrobe
Kelly from Sew much to do, Sew little time
Sandra from The Surly Seamstress
All three are writing entertaining and interesting blogs and are sewing beautiful things.
Happy blogging to you all.
Vogue 1550, a Paco Peralta design
3 hours ago