Tuesday 22 September 2009

NEW PATTERNS

So, taking a break from making dresses for a moment or two, I'm turning my attention to getting some basic separates together. Here in the UK Simplicity patterns have all been in a half price sale recently so I grabbed these two new ones -


I loved this one as soon as I saw it. I particularly like the view with the waistband and peplum and I like that little tie neckband but I also like the plain bodice version and the neck ruffle so there's lots of mixing and matching possibilities with the one pattern. For anyone looking for "the new shoulder" that the fashion magazines are all raving about, there are two different versions of short, big puffy sleeves but I rather fancy a sleeveless or long sleeve version.

I've already made my muslin, which is shaping up really nicely and, guess what, this pattern is one of those that gives separate pieces for different cup sizes so NO FBA NEEDED! I'm in fitting heaven.

Pattern number two is this one -
I was looking for a basic skirt pattern and this seems to fit the bill nicely - a straight skirt with simple lines but with options for pockets, belt loops and yoke decoration. And, I've got to tell you, the words"Step by step to sewing success!" on the envelope were a big attraction: "sewing success" - don't you just love those words? Although I bought this one for the skirt pattern, when I got it home I took a closer look at the blouse and have decided that I want to make that too (I have a weakness for ruffles). I've never made a kimono sleeve blouse so I'm not quite sure how I will tackle the fba on that but I have no doubt that my fitting bible, Fit for Real People (Pati Palmer and Marto Alto), will have the solution for that.

I'm reckoning on getting quite a few outfits out of these two patterns - so, enough of the chat, now all I have to do is get on and make them ...................

6 comments:

  1. I just stumbled onto your blog and I love the garments you've made! They are just lovely! Can't wait to see how you handle these next two pieces!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those sleeves on the shirt the model is wearing in Simplicity 2501.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see your blouse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought both patterns! I love it as an outfit. Can't wait to see your version. I am thinking of polka blouse and grey skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooops. I wasn't sign in to blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have 2564 and like you bought it for the skirt but noticed the blouse when I got home. Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...